Division: Metal Casting • Supervisor: Dan Plesher
Employment Type: Full Time • Shift: Day
Job Description: Sioux City Foundry Co. is now approaching 149 years of business with the aim to be the region's leading quality supplier of metal products and services. We are in fact growing and we want you to be apart of it!
Starting at $15+/hour, we are looking for an individual to work out of our Metal Casting office in South Sioux, NE as an draftsman/estimator. This position will assist in all aspects of casting development, raw castings and machined castings.
To be successful in this role, each listed essential daily duty must be met to managers' satisfactory expectations:
• Mechanical drafting using Solidworks
• Creates casting drawings and pattern equipment drawings
• Ability to ready and comprehend mechanical drawings
• Strong communication skills with customers and coworkers
• Strong math skills including geometry and trigonometry
• General understanding of manufacturing and machining
• Ability to use basic measuring tools
• Critical thinking of different processes
• Troubleshooting skills
• Making the final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to a whole structure or project
• Quote casting and pattern costs for customers
Required Experience: Knowledge of Solid Works is a plus, Must be able to read blueprints and knowledge of drafting.
Other Job Requirements:
Education Level Required: Associate's Degree
High School Diploma
Years of Experience Required: 1 Year
Pay Rate: TBD Hourly
Required Documents: Resume
For more information, or questions regarding this position, please contact our Human Resources.
Sioux City Foundry Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical.