Division: Warehouse • Supervisor: Curt Havilcek
Employment Type: Full Time • Shift: Day
Job Description: We are looking for an experienced class A CDL driver for our Sioux City Location. The right candidate will not mind working in the shop when needed or no deliveries are being made. Set schedule for not will be Monday - Friday, 4:00 AM start time with some overnight hauls Tuesday and Thursday. This position is 50-60 hours per week.
Must be able to learn overhead cranes and pays attention to detail. Must be able to understand, follow directions, and have a willingness to learn. Experience with overhead cranes is a plus.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR CDL:
· Deliver products while operating a tractor-trailer truck with flat bed cargo
· May sometimes deliver over intercity routes or spanning several states
· Load and unload cargo in timely but safe manner
· Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
· Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
· Follow all applicable traffic laws.
· Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
· Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
· Keep a log of their activities
· Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
· Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
· Get products to customer on time.
Must have a clean driving record and ability to pass an Iowa DOT physical and drug screen.
Required Experience: Class A CDL
Clean Driving Record
Other Job Requirements: Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Education Level Required: High School Diploma
Years of Experience Required: 2 Years
Pay Rate: $17-$19 depending on experience Hourly
Required Documents: CDL
For more information, or questions regarding this position, please contact our Human Resources.
Sioux City Foundry Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical.